Home » News » Public Safety
Child struck by vehicle in Hillsborough
HILLSBOROUGH — A 3-year-old boy was seriously injured Wednesday when he was hit by a drunk driver while walking out of a day care center with his mother, police said.
Police said the boy was leaving the Hillsboro Community Child Development Center about 3 p.m. Wednesday when a car driven by Katlynn Hollinsworth, 24, of Hillsborough, veered off School Street and hit him and his mother.
Hollinsworth was arrested on charges of first-degree assault and felony driving under the influence.
The boy was taken to Concord Hospital, then transferred to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, police said.
A receptionist at the Child Development Center said a supervisor was unavailable to comment on any accident at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind