Home » News » Public Safety
Child struck by vehicle in Hillsborough
HILLSBOROUGH — A 3-year-old boy was seriously injured Wednesday when he was hit by a drunk driver while walking out of a day care center with his mother, police said.
Police said the boy was leaving the Hillsboro Community Child Development Center about 3 p.m. Wednesday when a car driven by Katlynn Hollinsworth, 24, of Hillsborough, veered off School Street and hit him and his mother.
Hollinsworth was arrested on charges of first-degree assault and felony driving under the influence.
The boy was taken to Concord Hospital, then transferred to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, police said.
A receptionist at the Child Development Center said a supervisor was unavailable to comment on any accident at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- The Pope's anniversary: Viewing him through different lenses - 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 0
- Jindal says GOP has to 'be a party that's for something' - 0
- Dave Solomon's Gettin' Down to Business: Tim Eccleston has a health dream for the nation - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Always trust your cape, but watch out for snakes - 0
- Third-party food delivery on the rise - 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- College Hockey: Union ousts Dartmouth in ECAC tournament - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity