Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Claremont considers cameras in cemetery
“If there was actually damage done to the stone that’s much harder to repair,” he said.
Scott said his department has been fortunate to have some communities reach out with solutions to stop cemetery vandalism. One community found success using a motion-activated camera, he said.
This is the second time in recent months that the cemetery has been hit.
In July, about 75 gravestones were vandalized in the same cemetery, including many historic stones that were damaged beyond repair.
Gravestones at the cemetery date back 170 years, with the most recent headstones dating to the 1950s and 1960s, Chase said. Most gravestones in the cemetery are dated between 1900 and 1930.
A $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible is being offered by a group of outraged citizens, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Total Votes: 917