Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Jail chief: Murder conspirator Jesse Brooks used mom to pay inmates
Brooks' mother, Lorraine Brooks, was spotted placing $100 deposits into the accounts of two fellow inmates, Dionne said.
Through a spokesman, Mrs. Brooks admitted putting money in the accounts of inmates, but she said she did so to provide them with food and basic necessities.
At a news conference earlier this month, they complained that the younger Brooks has been moved from prison to prison.
They described the junior Brooks as a model inmate who is well-liked but suffers psychologically from the frequent transfers.
His team expects to file a federal lawsuit challenging his treatment in prison. Brooks is serving a 15- to 30-year sentence.
Dionne paints a different picture of Brooks, who was at the Valley Street jail from March to September 2008 awaiting trial.
He also believes inmates started fights so Brooks could see how the guards reacted. Dionne said he transferred Brooks out of Valley Street jail once he became aware of the network.
Mrs. Brooks said she gives money to inmates on occasion, but not at the direction of her son.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood - 0
- Judge lifts no-contact order - 0
- Suspected rioter faces felony charge in Keene - 3
- Hudson man charged with impersonating police officer - 1
- Fashion-conscience robber hits Rochester bank - 0
- Report: Student opens fire at Washington state high school; gunman reported dead - 2
- Accident results in DWI charge for Hudson man - 0
- Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad - 16
- No murder charge in fatal stabbing of city man - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483