Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Jail chief: Murder conspirator Jesse Brooks used mom to pay inmates
Brooks' mother, Lorraine Brooks, was spotted placing $100 deposits into the accounts of two fellow inmates, Dionne said.
Through a spokesman, Mrs. Brooks admitted putting money in the accounts of inmates, but she said she did so to provide them with food and basic necessities.
At a news conference earlier this month, they complained that the younger Brooks has been moved from prison to prison.
They described the junior Brooks as a model inmate who is well-liked but suffers psychologically from the frequent transfers.
His team expects to file a federal lawsuit challenging his treatment in prison. Brooks is serving a 15- to 30-year sentence.
Dionne paints a different picture of Brooks, who was at the Valley Street jail from March to September 2008 awaiting trial.
He also believes inmates started fights so Brooks could see how the guards reacted. Dionne said he transferred Brooks out of Valley Street jail once he became aware of the network.
Mrs. Brooks said she gives money to inmates on occasion, but not at the direction of her son.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 1
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 3
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424