Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Jail chief: Murder conspirator Jesse Brooks used mom to pay inmates
Brooks' mother, Lorraine Brooks, was spotted placing $100 deposits into the accounts of two fellow inmates, Dionne said.
Through a spokesman, Mrs. Brooks admitted putting money in the accounts of inmates, but she said she did so to provide them with food and basic necessities.
At a news conference earlier this month, they complained that the younger Brooks has been moved from prison to prison.
They described the junior Brooks as a model inmate who is well-liked but suffers psychologically from the frequent transfers.
His team expects to file a federal lawsuit challenging his treatment in prison. Brooks is serving a 15- to 30-year sentence.
Dionne paints a different picture of Brooks, who was at the Valley Street jail from March to September 2008 awaiting trial.
He also believes inmates started fights so Brooks could see how the guards reacted. Dionne said he transferred Brooks out of Valley Street jail once he became aware of the network.
Mrs. Brooks said she gives money to inmates on occasion, but not at the direction of her son.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483