Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Game shop tips Salem police to attempted sale of stolen goods
SALEM – Two Bay State men are under arrest, accused of trying to pawn stolen items taken from cars in Salem and Manchester.
Joshua Turmel, 19, and Patrick Hardy, 17, both of Methuen, Mass., were arrested early Tuesday evening by Salem police after they allegedly tried to pawn a Nintendo DS that was reported stolen overnight in a break-in of a car parked in a driveway of a Meisner Road home.
The resident notified area pawn shops to make them aware of the stolen game system.
About 5:45 p.m. that same day, an employee of Game Stop at the Mall at Rockingham Park called police when two men, identified by police as Turmel and Hardy, tried to pawn the game system.
Investigators also recovered several other stolen items including iPods, GPS systems, electronics and collectible coins. Salem police determined the property was stolen from cars broken into in Manchester as well as on Meisner Road, Henderson Circle, Royal Circle and Dunbar Terrace in Salem.
Police are asking residents in the area of the thefts to contact Officer Ryan Sambataro if they discover items stolen from their vehicles.
Turmel is charged with receiving stolen property and possession of property without a serial number. Hardy was charged with receiving stolen property and possession of a controlled drug.
Both are being held on $2,500 cash bail pending arraignment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 3
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424