Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Game shop tips Salem police to attempted sale of stolen goods
SALEM – Two Bay State men are under arrest, accused of trying to pawn stolen items taken from cars in Salem and Manchester.
Joshua Turmel, 19, and Patrick Hardy, 17, both of Methuen, Mass., were arrested early Tuesday evening by Salem police after they allegedly tried to pawn a Nintendo DS that was reported stolen overnight in a break-in of a car parked in a driveway of a Meisner Road home.
The resident notified area pawn shops to make them aware of the stolen game system.
About 5:45 p.m. that same day, an employee of Game Stop at the Mall at Rockingham Park called police when two men, identified by police as Turmel and Hardy, tried to pawn the game system.
Investigators also recovered several other stolen items including iPods, GPS systems, electronics and collectible coins. Salem police determined the property was stolen from cars broken into in Manchester as well as on Meisner Road, Henderson Circle, Royal Circle and Dunbar Terrace in Salem.
Police are asking residents in the area of the thefts to contact Officer Ryan Sambataro if they discover items stolen from their vehicles.
Turmel is charged with receiving stolen property and possession of property without a serial number. Hardy was charged with receiving stolen property and possession of a controlled drug.
Both are being held on $2,500 cash bail pending arraignment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483