Portsmouth neighbors' lawsuit seeks to put Strawbery Banke rink on ice
Over the objections of residents at a public hearing, the ZBA granted variances for the skating rink to operate during the winter months, court papers say.
Supporting machinery includes a “rink chiller,” a transformer, skate-sharpening machine and a concessions pavilion, according to court papers.
Strawbery Banke describes itself as a “living history museum” that recreates everyday life in Portsmouth from the 1600s to the 1950s.
The zoning board first took up Stawbery Banke’s application on May 1.
“The application was silent regarding factors such as noise from the transformer, the ‘rink chiller,’ the PA system or outdoor music system and the Zamboni and lighting,” Springer said in the petition.
“The proposed skating rink is not an ‘event’ but rather a business or commercial use,” Springer said in the petition.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: Concealed carry, racism and other random thoughts - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
- David Harsanyi: Obama acts alone on war, too - 0
- Pat Buchanan: Stepping into a basket of snakes - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Earth-friendly energy is anything but - 5
- George Will: Battle royal in Iowa - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Our real Syria strategy: containment-plus - 0
- Roger Simon: Do 'real men' hit women? - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woman sentenced to a year in jail for crash - 0
- New tech course open to students in Londonderry - 0
- UPDATED: Nashua man accused of beating girlfriend - 0
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in Alexandria - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man faces charge of simple assault against son’s mother - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Bedford, Concord deadlock - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Central shows title mettle - 0
- Dave D'onofrio Patriots Notebook: Don't expect Patriots to fix this - 0
- They're all about that bass fishing - 0
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan
By the horn: Feds owe NH man an explanation