Families, friends on both sides of Hampton bicycle crash grieve
"Our entire family is completely traumatized and we mourn for the people that were lost in this tragedy. We also pray for the ones that were injured," Magnus Hess told reporters outside the courthouse Wednesday shortly after his sister, 19-year-old Darriean Hess, was arraigned on negligent homicide and second-degree assault charges.
Killed during the Granite State Wheelmen Seacoast Century Ride were Pamela Wells, 60, of South Hamilton, Mass., and Elise Bouchard, 52, of Danvers, Mass.
"I didn't see any tears rolling out of her eyes while she was sitting there (in jail). She just wants to get out; that's what it looked like to me. Her family should suffer by having her in jail like we have to suffer without having our loved ones with us," Wiley said.
"She was just an unbelievable person to lose," he said.
Injured bicyclist Uwe Uhmeyer issued a statement from Portsmouth Regional Hospital Wednesday, saying he is "just happy to be alive."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Utilities plan $3 billion natural gas pipeline - 1
- Alternative energy vehicles rule Mount Washington Auto road - 0
- Natural gas pipeline still holds promise for Groveton - 1
- Bird causes Concord-area power outage Monday - 0
- Swanzey solar array should be completed by end of 2014 - 1
- New Londonderry transmission line project will add 60 more utility poles - 0
- 'Northern Trespass' film to be screened in Nashua on Thursday night - 0
- Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America - 0
- Ayotte says Northern Pass lines should be buried beneath roads - 12
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change