50th: Mr. and Mrs. Dupuis
"Uke" Dupuis and Arlene Nadeau were married at St. Martin Church in Somerworth on Aug. 31, 1963.
They have three children, Susan M. Bass of Palm Harbor, Fla., James G. Dupuis of Bedford and Melanie L. Dupuis of Ashland, Ore.; and three grandchildren, Laura Bass, Beverly Bass and Alexander Reynolds.
To celebrate the anniversary, the couple's three children hosted a party at the Chateau restaurant in Manchester. Guests came from as far as Florida, Oklahoma and Oregon to celebrate with singing, dancing and dining.
The officiant at Mr. and Mrs. Dupuis' wedding, the Rev. Norman Meiklejohn, the bride's cousin, gave a blessing at the dinner reception.
During the reception, their granddaughter Beverly Bass surprised the gathering with a ballet performance. The couple's children, Sue, Jim and Mel, each spoke of special memories of growing up. The Rev. Gerald Auger, who has known the couple for more than 50 years, reminisced and noted the couple's accomplishments over the years.
In lieu of gifts, many brought or sent photos, genealogies, letters and mementos of the past.
After the party, the couple, along with their children and grandchildren, traveled to the Berkshires for a week. Then the couple spent two weeks on a land and sea trip to Alaska. On the actual date of their anniversary, a priest aboard the ship bestowed an anniversary blessing.
"Uke" Dupuis, a CPA, operated his own firm for more than 30 years and is a fulltime professor of accounting and taxation at Southern New Hampshire University.
Arlene Nadeau Dupuis was a medical technologist for many years, a college instructor and then a lawyer and an adjunct faculty member at SNHU. She is retired.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 50th: Mr. and Mrs. Winckler - 0
- 50th: Mr. and Mrs. Gaudreault - 0
- 60th wedding anniversary: Mr. and Mrs. Lemay of Hampton Beach and Seminole, Fla. - 0
- 65th wedding anniversary: Mr. and Mrs. Kuchar formerly of Manchester - 0
- 50th wedding anniversary celebrated Sept. 19: Mr. and Mrs. Faucher of Litchfield - 0
- 60th wedding anniversary celebrated Sept. 25: Mr. and Mrs. Dodge of Merrimack - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 4
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 3
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 1
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 9
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Tough task for NH budget writers
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Right to Life sues over NH clinic records
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll