NHIAA Roundup: Harlow leads Pembroke to girls’ soccer victory
Pembroke improved to 2-4-0 while the defending Division II state champion Milford squad fell to 1-6-0.
Harlow scored on a direct kick in the 30th minute from about 25 yards out, putting a hard shot on net that Cleary got a piece of but could not stop from reaching the back of the net.
Sunapee 4, Newport 0: At Newport, Sunapee opened the scoring five minutes in on an unassisted bomb from Meg Clarenbach. Mary Grzanna, Abby Armstrong and Danny Usko added goals for Sunapee (6-1-0). Newport fell to 1-6-0.
Timberlane 2, Bishop Guertin 1: At Plaistow, the Owls notched first-half goals from Maggie Bailey and Courtney Sickel. Mia Vecchione scored with 20 minutes remaining to pull BG within one. Jess Walsh made six saves for Timberlane (5-1) in the win. Kelly Mahoney made four saves for BG (3-4).
Derryfield 1, Stevens 0: At Claremont, Polly Carter scored the lone goal, her ninth of the season, in the 20th minute of the first half. Colbi Vaillancourt added her eighth season assist for Derryfield, now 6-0, Derryfield goalie Kate Johnson earned the win, but the defense didn’t allow Stevens a shot. Berklee Vaillancourt, Pat Green, Theo O’Leary and Cecelia Templeton each played well on defense.
Campbell 5, Somersworth 4: At Litchfield, Christian Wallenmaier scored two goals including the winning one with 10 seconds remaining to lead Campbell. Ben Billings scored twice and Jon Donaghey added his ninth of the season for the 3-3 Cougars.
Epping 6, Nute 0: At Epping, the hosts (4-2) got goals from Ryan O’Hare, Jake West, Aziz Zerguine, Cooper Garrow, Madison Demars and James Stanley.
Lebanon 3, Stevens 0: At Lebanon, the hosts improved to 5-1, handing Stevens (5-1) its first loss. Martin Gradijan, Will Merchant and Tate Singleton scored the goals. Lebanon goalies Kenny Weitzman and Miguel Hernandez split the shutout. Austin Putnam made eight saves for Stevens.
Bedford 3, Manchester Memorial 0: At Manchester, Bedford improved to 3-2 with game wins of 25-10, 25-17 and 25-17. Bedford’s Hannah Koehler (14 kills, six blocks), Sadhana Tadepalli (11 assists) and Abby Guerra (20 service points, 15 digs) led the way.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
- Planned PSNH station closing has Hillsborough concerned - 4
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize