Home » News » Public Safety
Seabrook woman stopped for speeding hours before deadly Hampton collision with cyclists
Darriean Hess, 20, of Seabrook is not yet facing charges in the 8:30 a.m. accident, which happened shortly after the start of the Granite State Wheelmen Seacoast Century Ride.
Hess told the officer she did not have a driver's license. Police said Monday the officer issued Hess a summons on the speeding violation, and for operating without a valid driver's license.
Police said later that morning, Hess was driving a 2002 Honda Civic when she crossed over into the northbound lane and struck four bicyclists traveling north on the Underwood Bridge.
Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, of Essex, Mass., and Margo Heigh, 54, of Danvers, Mass., were injured.
The investigation into the circumstances surrounding the fatal accident is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms