Home » News » Public Safety
Seabrook woman stopped for speeding hours before deadly Hampton collision with cyclists
Darriean Hess, 20, of Seabrook is not yet facing charges in the 8:30 a.m. accident, which happened shortly after the start of the Granite State Wheelmen Seacoast Century Ride.
Hess told the officer she did not have a driver's license. Police said Monday the officer issued Hess a summons on the speeding violation, and for operating without a valid driver's license.
Police said later that morning, Hess was driving a 2002 Honda Civic when she crossed over into the northbound lane and struck four bicyclists traveling north on the Underwood Bridge.
Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, of Essex, Mass., and Margo Heigh, 54, of Danvers, Mass., were injured.
The investigation into the circumstances surrounding the fatal accident is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 1
- Rochester, Dover police to collect expired prescription drugs - 0
- Search for missing swimmer halted in Bristol, to continue Tuesday - 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deadline extended for startup competition in Rochester - 0
- Parents speak out against Jewett Street School proposal - 0
- Citizens Bank offers good citizen scholarships - 0
- Rochester man arrested following crash in Somersworth Monday night - 0
- A Derry man pleads innocent to falsely claiming a master electrician license - 0
- Stocks end higher as blue chips rally - 0
- NH jobless rate dips to 4.5 percent - 0
- Justice returns to North Country alma mater to speak to students - 0
- New program recognizes Colebrook students for volunteering - 0
Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers