Home » News » Public Safety
Contoocook man dies after car crashes into tree
CONCORD – A Contoocook man died Monday after his Ford Explorer hit a tree near Horse Hill and Runnells roads.
Police said Stephen Blankenship, 72, was transported to Concord Hospital where he later was pronounced dead.
The crash happened about 11:15 a.m. and Horse Hill Road remained closed until 3 p.m. while police investigated and the silver Ford Explorer was removed.
Police said a preliminary investigation does not indicate Blankenship was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crash.
Accident reconstruction personnel from the police department continue to investigate the accident.
Anyone who witnessed it or has information about it is asked to call police at 225-8600 or the Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
- State police: Vermont man drove 111 mph on I-89 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- Report: Cubs will hire Joe Maddon as manager - 0
- Pastoral Counseling Services honors Good Samaritans - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- Stocks down a little after Fed move - 0
- Portsmouth retailer sells goods from across U.S. in a small 'pop-up shop' - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw