Home » News » Public Safety
Contoocook man dies after car crashes into tree
CONCORD – A Contoocook man died Monday after his Ford Explorer hit a tree near Horse Hill and Runnells roads.
Police said Stephen Blankenship, 72, was transported to Concord Hospital where he later was pronounced dead.
The crash happened about 11:15 a.m. and Horse Hill Road remained closed until 3 p.m. while police investigated and the silver Ford Explorer was removed.
Police said a preliminary investigation does not indicate Blankenship was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crash.
Accident reconstruction personnel from the police department continue to investigate the accident.
Anyone who witnessed it or has information about it is asked to call police at 225-8600 or the Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
- Cause of $1.4 million house fire in Plainfield remains unknown - 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Body of woman found under Claremont bridge - 0
- Woman sentenced to a year in jail for crash - 0
- New tech course open to students in Londonderry - 0
- UPDATED: Nashua man accused of beating girlfriend - 0
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in Alexandria - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man faces charge of simple assault against son’s mother - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Bedford, Concord deadlock - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Central shows title mettle - 0
- Dave D'onofrio Patriots Notebook: Don't expect Patriots to fix this - 0
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan
By the horn: Feds owe NH man an explanation