DOE hosts packed forum on hotly debated Northern Pass project
Hosmer said he was speaking on behalf of the city of Franklin, which is part of his district and the proposed location for Northeast Utilities to build a new converter station if the project gains approval.
"We must keep in mind, first and foremost, this project is not necessary to keep the lights on," Baker said. "It's a nice-to-have project at-best — if you ignore all the environmental impacts that it would have on this state and this region."
Vaughn wasn't entirely opposed to the project, but said he wants it to have more buried power lines.
This round is necessary to discuss the revisions made to the plan.
• Whitefield on Wednesday, Sept. 25, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, Presidential Room, 101 Mountain View Road.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 13
- Needing answers in Weare: The first step to accountability - 0
- Where terrorists win: The world's one 'kill Americans' zone - 6
- Expanding NH economy: Of energy costs, trains and clowns - 3
- Obama acts illegally: Shaheen parrots his talking points - 64
- Regulations must adapt: Cities cannot squash the new economy - 3
- Offend someone? To jail with you! - 22
- King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis - 42
- VA wait times: They are still bad - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Osgood Road closed in Milford, 33% without power - 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record