DOE hosts packed forum on hotly debated Northern Pass project
Hosmer said he was speaking on behalf of the city of Franklin, which is part of his district and the proposed location for Northeast Utilities to build a new converter station if the project gains approval.
"We must keep in mind, first and foremost, this project is not necessary to keep the lights on," Baker said. "It's a nice-to-have project at-best — if you ignore all the environmental impacts that it would have on this state and this region."
Vaughn wasn't entirely opposed to the project, but said he wants it to have more buried power lines.
This round is necessary to discuss the revisions made to the plan.
• Whitefield on Wednesday, Sept. 25, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, Presidential Room, 101 Mountain View Road.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arsenault boyfriend's expenses billed to diocese - 0
- Bow police officer continues trek up Mount Everest - 0
- Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing - 5
- AG to appeal ruling reinstating County Attorney Jim Reams - 3
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
- Judge reinstates suspended Rockingham County attorney - 4
- Former Manchester school chief Tom Brennan dies a year after he retired - 6
- Speedway, NH casino called a natural fit, track's GM says - 8
- Federal data shows which doctors reap Medicare millions - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett police charge local man in several BB gun complaints - 0
- Fire destroys Weare home - 0
- High winds cause power outages, fan fires across state - 0
- Downed wires spark brush fire that spreads to Manchester house - 0
- Fugitive nabbed as he checks out the weather - 0
- Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry - 1
- Fetal homicide bill stopped in the Senate - 0
- Democrats worry about 'dirty tricks' - 0
- Truck pulls down power line, starts paint store blaze - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’