UNH continues to consider logo design possibilities
This summer, the panel representing alumni, students, faculty and staff, met to review about 75 alternate logo submissions and three professional designs submitted previously by a New York firm hired by the university.
UNH President Mark Huddleston did just that, extending the feedback deadline through July 1.
"You can get yourself into sticky legal situations, copyright issues, even delivery issues," Catherine Blake said.
Jude Blake, a member of the University System of New Hampshire Board of Trustees, a retired marketing professional and a UNH alumnus said she does not feel the full re-branding project has ever been properly communicated. The two Blakes are not related.
The logo is just a piece in the overall brand strategy, she said, and the work that has gone into that has probably gone on for more than a year. UNH paid Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv about $65,000 for the work they have done so far.
The panel evaluated each one of the 75 or so alternate logo submissions carefully and whittled them down to some top candidates.
"A decision has not been made at this point. We are still working on this," Jude Blake said.
Catherine Blake agrees.
"My recommendation is to go with a professional," Catherine Blake said. "I happen to feel the agency UNH chose is highly qualified to deliver what we need because they are experts in education and know how to scale to everything an institution needs."
The advisory panel is expected to make a recommendation to university administration sometime this fall.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kinder Morgan reveals route for pipeline at Milford meeting - 1
- Nature vs. man: Keeping the lights on - 1
- Pipeline pushback seen in NH - 7
- Meeting will inform Mason residents about proposed pipeline - 0
- Commission's decision clears way for pipeline, possible cheaper natural gas - 0
- New wind plant foes press NH delegation on tax credit - 2
- Gas pipeline west of NH called part of regional mix - 2
- Judge rejects reconsideration of lawsuit against Northern Pass - 2
- Proposal calls for gas pipeline across 17 NH communities - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 0
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 0
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Boys' Basketball Preview: Memorial, Central look to be in the mix again - 0
- Innovations abound at UNH event - 0
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Monarchs head to Portland Wednesday - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Pembroke girls rally to win - 0
Bush 41, 43 and ... 45?
Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value
Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools
All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so
Taxi fail: City regulations don't work
Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Police arrest pair after bullets fly