UNH continues to consider logo design possibilities
This summer, the panel representing alumni, students, faculty and staff, met to review about 75 alternate logo submissions and three professional designs submitted previously by a New York firm hired by the university.
UNH President Mark Huddleston did just that, extending the feedback deadline through July 1.
"You can get yourself into sticky legal situations, copyright issues, even delivery issues," Catherine Blake said.
Jude Blake, a member of the University System of New Hampshire Board of Trustees, a retired marketing professional and a UNH alumnus said she does not feel the full re-branding project has ever been properly communicated. The two Blakes are not related.
The logo is just a piece in the overall brand strategy, she said, and the work that has gone into that has probably gone on for more than a year. UNH paid Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv about $65,000 for the work they have done so far.
The panel evaluated each one of the 75 or so alternate logo submissions carefully and whittled them down to some top candidates.
"A decision has not been made at this point. We are still working on this," Jude Blake said.
Catherine Blake agrees.
"My recommendation is to go with a professional," Catherine Blake said. "I happen to feel the agency UNH chose is highly qualified to deliver what we need because they are experts in education and know how to scale to everything an institution needs."
The advisory panel is expected to make a recommendation to university administration sometime this fall.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Looking Back with Aurore Eaton: Manchester's Elliot Hospital grows, evolves - 0
- Looking Back with Aurore Eaton: An early challenge for the Elliot Hospital - 2
- Looking Back with Aurore Eaton: The Elliot Hospital's grand opening - 0
- Looking Back with Aurore Eaton: The start of Manchester's Elliot Hospital began with a generous gift - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The story of Mary and John Elliot of Manchester - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Murdered, Elinus Morrison is laid to rest in the Valley Cemetery - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: A shocking Confederate raid in Vermont - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Civil War comes to Elinus Morrison - 0
- Looking Back with Aurore Eaton: A Civil War tragedy - Elinus Morrison of Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms