Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Lawyer: Lisbon hunter thought he hit doe
Fish and Game officer Gregory Jellison testified Monday that Holmes thought the deer was down, and that he “had made a good shot.” But as Holmes moved in to view the kill, he made a horrific discovery — he had hit Kenneth L. Brunelle, 31, of Marlborough, Mass., a 31-year-old father of two young boys. Brunelle died from a shot to the neck from the 30-06 Winchester rifle Holmes was carrying.
Each of the Class B felonies carries a potential sentence of 3 1/2 to seven years in state prison.
As the 13 jury members — five men and eight women, including an alternate — listened, defense attorney Leonard Harden of Lancaster asked Jellison, “Wade was consistent that he saw a deer.”
Harden criticized authorities’ handling of the scene that day in the woods, specifically the large number of people he said were allowed to “walk around” there.
“Would it surprise you if there were more than 20 people up there?” Harden asked.
Authorities said Brunelle was not hunting that day, but was wearing camouflage in a hunting party that included his father and brother, and was filming them as they hunted.
“He said this was something he would have to live with the rest of his life,” Hamilton testified.
In what’s scheduled to be a five-day trial before Judge Peter H. Bornstein, jurors traveled to view the shooting scene last week. They’re expected to get the case late this week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Total Votes: 917