Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police release sketch of man sought in Wilton abduction attempt
On Sept. 7, a man driving a maroon pickup truck reportedly attempted to abduct a child playing in her driveway on Potter Road. The child was able to escape, said Police Chief Brent Hautanen, and her parents reported the incident to police.
Most of the tips received concern the maroon pickup truck. In some cases, police have been able to track down the trucks seen in the local area and rule out the ones that don't match with the case.
In the meantime, residents of the rural neighborhood are nervous in the wake of the abduction attempt and gathered in an impromptu meeting on Sept. 18 to discuss the situation. Hautanen said he attended the meeting at the Pine Hill Waldorf School to share the information he had about the case.
Police have also been keeping the public aware of updates in the case through the department's Facebook page.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 21
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 5
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917