Lawsuit: Manchester woman soured by rat she says she found in frozen lemonade
During the trial, Grady complained that she had to keep the rat carcass in her freezer for more than a week when a courier did not immediately arrive to pick up the carcass on behalf of Coca-Cola. She eventually hired a lawyer, and the rat has been in cold storage ever since.
The trial featured employees from the Coca-Cola plant in Ontario, Canada, where the frozen lemonade was canned, a video presentation of the plant, physicians with competing interpretations of Grady’s diagnosis and even an insect expert who discussed the maggot life cycle.
“Coca-Cola’s name and commitment to consumer safety, to a good solid product: you’ve been aware of that for years,” Riley told the jury.
But Wenners said Riley was attacking Grady. People react to trauma differently, he said. Grady now suffers flashbacks, avoids the frozen food aisle and thinks a quick background movement could be a rat, Wenners said.
Wenners told the jury that the amount of damages would be up to them.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pipeline protest in Fitzwilliam - 0
- Poll shows Groton voters oppose new wind plants - 2
- Opposition lines up against new Alexandria wind plant proposal - 1
- PSNH's rate request puts it lower than competitors, a reversal from last year - 6
- Pipeline meeting in Mason draws big crowd - 0
- Kinder Morgan reveals route for pipeline at Milford meeting - 1
- Nature vs. man: Keeping the lights on - 1
- Pipeline pushback seen in NH - 7
- Meeting will inform Mason residents about proposed pipeline - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
- Bruins stop Predators, 5-3 - 0
- Former President Bush, 90, hospitalized in Texas - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber