Lawsuit: Manchester woman soured by rat she says she found in frozen lemonade
During the trial, Grady complained that she had to keep the rat carcass in her freezer for more than a week when a courier did not immediately arrive to pick up the carcass on behalf of Coca-Cola. She eventually hired a lawyer, and the rat has been in cold storage ever since.
The trial featured employees from the Coca-Cola plant in Ontario, Canada, where the frozen lemonade was canned, a video presentation of the plant, physicians with competing interpretations of Grady’s diagnosis and even an insect expert who discussed the maggot life cycle.
“Coca-Cola’s name and commitment to consumer safety, to a good solid product: you’ve been aware of that for years,” Riley told the jury.
But Wenners said Riley was attacking Grady. People react to trauma differently, he said. Grady now suffers flashbacks, avoids the frozen food aisle and thinks a quick background movement could be a rat, Wenners said.
Wenners told the jury that the amount of damages would be up to them.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
- 'Our lost duck friends' remembered - 23
- UPDATE: America selects Preston for top 13 in "American Idol" - 0
- UPDATE: Mont Vernon man chosen as ‘American Idol’ top 20 contestant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 2
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief