Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH Notebook: A bye week talent search
"The only two (coaches) who stayed in the office on Monday and Tuesday were (defensive coordinator) John Lyons and (offensive coordinator) Ryan Carty," UNH head coach Sean McDonnell said. "Everybody else was out on the road. We had eight coaches on the road for us recruiting.
"We still have to figure out if we can hold up a against a real big, physical football team," McDonnell said. "We kind of got some answers out in Central Michigan. Lehigh will be a much more physical football team than Colgate. They have some big, strong kids who can run.
UNH announced that a 15-game multi-sport package will appear live on Fox College Sports during the 2013-14 season. In addition, Fox College Sports will air UNH's monthly magazine show "Inside Wildcat Country" for the upcoming season.
THE HOCKEY EAST men's preseason Coaches' Poll will be released Tuesday during the league's media day at TD Garden. The Wildcats will play an exhibition game against Acadia on Oct. 5, and will open the regular season Oct. 11 against Clarkson in the IceBreaker Tournament at the University of Minnesota.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 10
- Nashua school board approves changes in design, hospitality, music programs - 0
- Claremont seeks alternatives to demolishing Stevens High School stage - 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 26
- UNH lecturers seek to unionize - 12
- Jump seen in number of free, reduced-price meals at NH schools - 1
- Policy change on school milk may cut food waste - 0
- Youngsters show how they would battle 'Nature's Fury' - 0
- Exploring the dark side of social media - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Ads go after Shea-Porter for ACA support
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice