Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Dartmouth gridders win opener
Sophomore quarterback Dalyn Williams threw for 228 yards and ran for another 119 to lead Dartmouth (1-0) to its fourth consecutive opening-day victory. Williams also rushed for a touchdown.
Butler (2-2) rallied from a 30-10 deficit in the fourth quarter behind QB Matt Lancaster, who completed a school-record 42 passes (on 68 attempts) for 395 yards. His last pass, from the Dartmouth 34, fell incomplete at the goal line as time expired.
The Keene State College soccer teams beat Plymouth State on Saturday night, the men prevailing 5-0 in Keene and the women winning 3-0 in Plymouth.
In the men’s game, senior Scott Douglas scored a pair of goals helped KSC improve to 2-5 (1-0 in the Little East Conference). PSU dropped to 2-4 and 0-1. Malcolm Cheney made three saves to notch his first shutout of the season.
Sophomore Jesus Tudela Zaragoza scored the game-winning goal in the eighth minute of overtime to lift the University of New Hampshire men’s soccer team over Grand Canyon University, 1-0, Saturday night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Winchester man files to plead guilty in crash that killed his brother - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use