Loudon sees smooth NASCAR Sprint Series on Sunday
Had the rain continued, the race would have been postponed.
Speedway officials used their seven jet-engine dryers and other equipment to dry the track in the morning, and the sunshine helped finish the job as race time approached.
There were no problems all weekend at the speedway, said Kristen Costa, the track's director of communications.
Race goers may have noticed a different kind of aircraft flyover than usual Sunday. Prior to this year, the U.S. Air Force sent jets to Loudon for pre-race flyovers, but that tradition ended because of the government's sequestration cuts earlier this year.
Costa said the speedway and the owner of the plane, the Collings Foundation of Stow, Mass., worked together to bring the plane, which was at Manchester Airport last week as part of the foundation's Wings of Freedom tour, to the track.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerful storm lashes eastern U.S. with snow, arctic cold - 0
- Forecasters say true to form, March will come in like a lion - 0
- NWS: North Country flooding risk near normal for now - 0
- Device may help solve weighty problem - 0
- Frequent snowstorms taking a toll on Manchester's plowing budget - 1
- After-school activities canceled in New Boston, Goffstown and Dunbarton - 0
- Pembroke extends parking ban - 0
- Latest storm will make it a short day for many students - 3
- Here we go again... Fast-moving storm headed to Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus