Home » News » Public Safety
Company involved in Manchester diesel tank blast was fined in 2001
Garcia, a teenager at the time of the accident, said she wasn't aware that the company had been fined $125 and that it had admitted no wrongdoing.
Daniel Lowry, communications director for the Kentucky Labor Cabinet, which proposed the penalty, said Friday that penalties are "not based on the fact someone was killed. ... It's based on what the company did wrong or if the company did anything wrong."
In the Sept. 9 fire, a work light fell into the tank and onto a power roller used to spray a chemical mixture onto fiberglass in the tank, Manchester Deputy Fire Marshal Rick Clement said.
Donald Scott, 24, of Andrews, S.C., was in critical condition and unconscious, Clement said. "They say every day he's still living is a good sign," he said.
Clement said his department's investigation showed a supervisor narrowly escaped injury, leaving the tank "within seconds" before the flash fire.
"The flash fire is what killed my brother-in-law in an up-ground tank," Robeson said in a phone interview from Missouri."We had a closed casket."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 2
- Rochester, Dover police to collect expired prescription drugs - 0
- Search for missing swimmer halted in Bristol, to continue Tuesday - 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
- Manchester DPW chief says up to 20 layoffs possible with proposed budget - 7
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: O’Neill’s injury leaves offensive void - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: No doubt about it, Fisher Cats still confident - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 2
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 0
Manchester settles with federal civil rights agency over minority students in advanced courses
Lawmakers fight to find Medicaid fix
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers