Home » News » Public Safety
Investigation continues into crash that killed bicyclists in Hampton
Pamela Wells, 60, of South Hamilton, Mass., and Elise Bouchard of Danvers, Mass., were killed. Two other Bay State residents were hurt, Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, of Essex, Mass., and Margo Heigh of Danvers, Mass.
A “century” is cycling terminology for a ride of 100 miles. The Seacoast event included several options for riders who did not want to ride the 100.4 mile full distance.
“This is a fun ride, not a race,” the group said, in a reminder on its website to participants in the event.
Riders are warned of the need to be mindful of safety when cycling along the Seacoast in a ride that involves dealine with “narrow colonial New England roads, steel decked bridges and weekend traffic.”
The Tri-State Seacoast Century is limited by organizers to 1,600 riders who had to register in advance, by Aug. 31, to participate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth