Home » News » Public Safety
Investigation continues into crash that killed bicyclists in Hampton
Pamela Wells, 60, of South Hamilton, Mass., and Elise Bouchard of Danvers, Mass., were killed. Two other Bay State residents were hurt, Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, of Essex, Mass., and Margo Heigh of Danvers, Mass.
A “century” is cycling terminology for a ride of 100 miles. The Seacoast event included several options for riders who did not want to ride the 100.4 mile full distance.
“This is a fun ride, not a race,” the group said, in a reminder on its website to participants in the event.
Riders are warned of the need to be mindful of safety when cycling along the Seacoast in a ride that involves dealine with “narrow colonial New England roads, steel decked bridges and weekend traffic.”
The Tri-State Seacoast Century is limited by organizers to 1,600 riders who had to register in advance, by Aug. 31, to participate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket