Home » News » Public Safety
Friends mourn loss of pair who drowned in Hampton River
Nickerson, who rents out other properties next door, said Menezes and Classen were often found sitting out on the front porch of the place they rented at 11 River Ave.
Nickerson didn’t think much of it when he didn’t see the two men around for a couple days after his chat with Menezes.
He said he was shocked when he learned that they were found dead in the Hampton River last Friday of an apparent drowning.
Autopsies performed Saturday concluded that both men died from drowning, but police have released few details about the circumstances surrounding the deaths.
Friends and neighbors said they believe it was all just an accident, that maybe one of them fell into the river and the other jumped in to rescue him and both were swept away by the current.
Nickerson said Classen and Menezes lived together at the River Avenue residence for the last few months. He liked having them living next door because they kept an eye on his property.
“Bruce would give you the shirt off his back,” Bailey said.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire