Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Accused payroll thief could also face civil charges
Reams said Ann Marie Nelson, 55, of Chester, remains the focus of their investigation into her husband being overpaid roughly $12,000 while he was employed as a correctional officer at the Rockingham County jail.
A far-reaching audit now underway by county officials and investigators will ultimately determine if Nelson’s alleged theft stretched back further, Reams said.
Reams declined to say whether Keith Nelson will be charged in the case.
Reams said on Thursday that he expects the criminal probe that is delving into county accounting records to last about a month.
Nelson is facing a pair of Class A felonies, each punishable by up to 7½ to 15 years in state prison. She is scheduled for arraignment on Sept. 26 in Rockingham County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 0
- Laconia boys and girls club damaged in burglary - 0
- Fugitive Task Force searching for convicted sex offender - 0
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- Winchester man files to plead guilty in crash that killed his brother - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424