RiverFire to feature 5K road run/walk race
BERLIN — Coos County Family Health Services and Androscoggin Valley Hospital will sponsor a 5K road run/walk event as part of the Oct. 19 RiverFire activities in Berlin’s Northern Forest Heritage Park. The celebration will be held Oct. 19 and will feature activities and vendors for visitors of all ages, organizers said in a news release.
The RiverFire 5K is a 3.1-mile run/walk along the picturesque Androscoggin River, starting and ending at the park. All proceeds from that event will benefit RESPONSE to Sexual and Domestic Violence. The cost of registration is $20 until Oct 10. Colorful, RiverFire-themed T-shirts are guaranteed to all who register by that date.
Day-of-race registration will be $25 with no guarantee of a T-shirt, organizers said.
Hand-crafted awards will be presented to the overall top male and female competitors, and the top three finishers in each of six age divisions.
The run/walk starts at 2 p.m., and should finish in time for participants and their families to take part in other RiverFire activities, including hayrides, costume parade, duck race and music. That night, the bridge will be open to foot traffic only so walkers can view illuminated jack-o-lanterns.
Registration forms for the RiverFire 5K can be downloaded at riverfirenh.com.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.