Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Wear pink and prepare to be pampered at the Enchanting Beauty Women's Expo
"If you don't come in pink, you can't get in," said Dick Anagnost, who is helping organize the Friday, Oct. 18, event.
Of course there will be a few men there too, including Dick and Alexander Anagnost. I am sure they will be wearing pink too.
We're halfway to Saint Patrick's Day and the Saint Patrick's Day Parade Committee is seeking nominations for grand marshal.
An online nomination form and a list of past grand marshals, including Father Jerome Day, Louis Craig and Marty Quirk, can be found at www.saintpatsnh.com. The committee is looking for nominees of Irish heritage and Catholic faith who have contributed to the betterment of the Greater Manchester area. The chosen grand marshal will get to march on March 30 with their family in the parade.
Showing love for Luke
Students and faculty members at Hillside Middle School are showing their community spirit again as they plan the 2nd annual Luke Capistran Memorial 5K.
It's already Manchester City Marathon time again. Registration for the 7th annual race on Sunday, Nov. 3, is now open. All races begin and end on Elm Street and wind their way through various city neighborhoods.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
You can see the DeLorean auto from "Back to the Future III" at this weekend's 10th annual Granite State Comic Con. My buddies at Double Midnight Comics and Collectibles promise me it's going to be the largest Comic Con the Granite State has ever seen. For the first time ever, the "celebration of comics and geek culture" will be held over two days — Saturday and Sunday — at the Radisson.
Visit www.nh365.org for more information on events happening around Manchester this weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Bootcamp takes chocolate to a new level - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Dinner offers delicious way to honor local farmers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Cyclists work to ride safely on city streets - 1
- Scene in Manchester: We're getting older, and it's time for NH to talk about it - 3
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Sing (even badly) for a truly great cause - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Time to lace up and hit the road - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Clam King tales put past in context - 0
- Scene in Manchester: City Food Co-op is a fresh idea - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain