Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Wear pink and prepare to be pampered at the Enchanting Beauty Women's Expo
"If you don't come in pink, you can't get in," said Dick Anagnost, who is helping organize the Friday, Oct. 18, event.
Of course there will be a few men there too, including Dick and Alexander Anagnost. I am sure they will be wearing pink too.
We're halfway to Saint Patrick's Day and the Saint Patrick's Day Parade Committee is seeking nominations for grand marshal.
An online nomination form and a list of past grand marshals, including Father Jerome Day, Louis Craig and Marty Quirk, can be found at www.saintpatsnh.com. The committee is looking for nominees of Irish heritage and Catholic faith who have contributed to the betterment of the Greater Manchester area. The chosen grand marshal will get to march on March 30 with their family in the parade.
Showing love for Luke
Students and faculty members at Hillside Middle School are showing their community spirit again as they plan the 2nd annual Luke Capistran Memorial 5K.
It's already Manchester City Marathon time again. Registration for the 7th annual race on Sunday, Nov. 3, is now open. All races begin and end on Elm Street and wind their way through various city neighborhoods.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
You can see the DeLorean auto from "Back to the Future III" at this weekend's 10th annual Granite State Comic Con. My buddies at Double Midnight Comics and Collectibles promise me it's going to be the largest Comic Con the Granite State has ever seen. For the first time ever, the "celebration of comics and geek culture" will be held over two days — Saturday and Sunday — at the Radisson.
Visit www.nh365.org for more information on events happening around Manchester this weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
- The blues for candidates: The ones not named Brown, that is - 0
- Gas tax hike or else? Is this New Jersey, Sen. Rausch? - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: North beats Memorial, advances in hockey tourney - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Campbell, Bergeon roll into quarterfinals - 0
- Rask stops 16 shots as B's blank Caps - 0
- Several union deals on Windham ballots - 0
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 0
- Londonderry set to vote on school repairs - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Got a power problem??Call the problem solve
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief