Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Wear pink and prepare to be pampered at the Enchanting Beauty Women's Expo
"If you don't come in pink, you can't get in," said Dick Anagnost, who is helping organize the Friday, Oct. 18, event.
Of course there will be a few men there too, including Dick and Alexander Anagnost. I am sure they will be wearing pink too.
We're halfway to Saint Patrick's Day and the Saint Patrick's Day Parade Committee is seeking nominations for grand marshal.
An online nomination form and a list of past grand marshals, including Father Jerome Day, Louis Craig and Marty Quirk, can be found at www.saintpatsnh.com. The committee is looking for nominees of Irish heritage and Catholic faith who have contributed to the betterment of the Greater Manchester area. The chosen grand marshal will get to march on March 30 with their family in the parade.
Showing love for Luke
Students and faculty members at Hillside Middle School are showing their community spirit again as they plan the 2nd annual Luke Capistran Memorial 5K.
It's already Manchester City Marathon time again. Registration for the 7th annual race on Sunday, Nov. 3, is now open. All races begin and end on Elm Street and wind their way through various city neighborhoods.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
You can see the DeLorean auto from "Back to the Future III" at this weekend's 10th annual Granite State Comic Con. My buddies at Double Midnight Comics and Collectibles promise me it's going to be the largest Comic Con the Granite State has ever seen. For the first time ever, the "celebration of comics and geek culture" will be held over two days — Saturday and Sunday — at the Radisson.
Visit www.nh365.org for more information on events happening around Manchester this weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Alternative energy vehicles rule Mount Washington Auto road - 0
- Natural gas pipeline still holds promise for Groveton - 1
- Bird causes Concord-area power outage Monday - 0
- Swanzey solar array should be completed by end of 2014 - 1
- New Londonderry transmission line project will add 60 more utility poles - 0
- 'Northern Trespass' film to be screened in Nashua on Thursday night - 0
- Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America - 0
- Ayotte says Northern Pass lines should be buried beneath roads - 12
- Tariffs tabled in state energy talks - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too