Roger Brown's First and 10: Bedford senior quarterback Colella steps in, steps up
AFTER missing a week with a dislocated thumb, Nashua South quarterback Trevor Knight was back on the field Friday night and played a large role in South's 38-13 triumph over Timberlane of Plaistow.
Knight, who will play at the University of New Hampshire next season, ran for 176 yards and two touchdowns and completed 14 of 20 passes for 110 yards and two touchdowns as No. 4 South raised its Division I record to 3-0.
Offensive lineman Noah Curry and Pat Glynn also saw their first action of the season for the Clippers, who led Merrimack Valley 48-0 at halftime and raised their Division II record to 2-1.
MARK PHILLIPS collected his first victory as Alvirne of Hudson's head coach when his Broncos finished strong in a 42-32 triumph over Dover on Friday.
Alvirne overcame deficits of 21-0 and 32-14. Tyler Cabral returned a fumble 53 yards for a touchdown and scooped up a blocked punt and scored from 27 yards away. Each TD came in the fourth quarter.
Merrimack got off to a 2-0 start in Division I this season, but didn't come close to building on that momentum on Friday night against Concord. The Crimson Tide scored 42 first-half points en route to a 55-0 victory.
Through two games Merrimack led the state in scoring (100 points). Concord improved to 3-0 and has scored 142 points in its three victories.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson poised to win sixth Sprint Cup crown - 0
- Hamlin on pole for Sunday's Goody's 500 at Martinsville - 0
- Truck Series will return to Loudon Sept. 20 - 0
- McMurray winsat Talladega.; Jimmie Johnson takes Chase lead - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names - 0
- NHMS gets Sprint Cup schedule; trucks returning - 2
- Brad Keselowski outduels Kasey Kahne to return to victory lane - 0
- Harvick takes Kansas; Kenseth’s Nascar Sprint Cup lead dented - 0
- Pines Speedway Reunion set in Groveland, Mass. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Boychuk’s status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Scott Brown still weighing options
Casino for NH wins critical endorsement
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Woman allegedly tries to drive over man
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list