Roger Brown's First and 10: Bedford senior quarterback Colella steps in, steps up
AFTER missing a week with a dislocated thumb, Nashua South quarterback Trevor Knight was back on the field Friday night and played a large role in South's 38-13 triumph over Timberlane of Plaistow.
Knight, who will play at the University of New Hampshire next season, ran for 176 yards and two touchdowns and completed 14 of 20 passes for 110 yards and two touchdowns as No. 4 South raised its Division I record to 3-0.
Offensive lineman Noah Curry and Pat Glynn also saw their first action of the season for the Clippers, who led Merrimack Valley 48-0 at halftime and raised their Division II record to 2-1.
MARK PHILLIPS collected his first victory as Alvirne of Hudson's head coach when his Broncos finished strong in a 42-32 triumph over Dover on Friday.
Alvirne overcame deficits of 21-0 and 32-14. Tyler Cabral returned a fumble 53 yards for a touchdown and scooped up a blocked punt and scored from 27 yards away. Each TD came in the fourth quarter.
Merrimack got off to a 2-0 start in Division I this season, but didn't come close to building on that momentum on Friday night against Concord. The Crimson Tide scored 42 first-half points en route to a 55-0 victory.
Through two games Merrimack led the state in scoring (100 points). Concord improved to 3-0 and has scored 142 points in its three victories.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girls' Basketball: Title defenders are also contenders - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings