Home » News » Public Safety
Police identify bodies found in Hampton River as local men
Police said Mark E. Classen, 57, and Bruce W. Menezes, 53, both of Hampton, drowned in the river and were recovered by Hampton police and the New Hampshire Marine Patrol.
Police responded to the river in the area of the Hampton River Boat Club after receiving a call at 10:47 a.m. Friday from a person who reported seeing a body floating in the river.
Hampton Police Chief Jamie Sullivan said police used a small boat to recover the body and during the process investigators discovered a second body in the water around noon.
Police recovered the second body with help from New Hampshire Marine Patrol.
Police have said they are not sure how long the bodies were in the water.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John Stossel: The bogus war on women
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run