Home » News » Public Safety
Police identify bodies found in Hampton River as local men
Police said Mark E. Classen, 57, and Bruce W. Menezes, 53, both of Hampton, drowned in the river and were recovered by Hampton police and the New Hampshire Marine Patrol.
Police responded to the river in the area of the Hampton River Boat Club after receiving a call at 10:47 a.m. Friday from a person who reported seeing a body floating in the river.
Hampton Police Chief Jamie Sullivan said police used a small boat to recover the body and during the process investigators discovered a second body in the water around noon.
Police recovered the second body with help from New Hampshire Marine Patrol.
Police have said they are not sure how long the bodies were in the water.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Defense has let Sox down so far - 0
- Developers think Guard site would have big potential - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: The zealots win again - 0
- George Will: Regulatory overkill everywhere - 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- Jackson Ski Touring makes top U.S. skiing list - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire