Home » News » Public Safety
Driver crashes into bicyclists in Hampton, killing two
Pamela Wells, 60, of South Hamilton, Mass. and Elise Bouchard, 52, of Danvers, Mass. both died from their injuries. Wells had been transported to Exeter Hospital and Bouchard to Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
Bicyclists Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, of Essex, Mass. and Margo Heigh, 54, of Danvers, Mass. were both transported to hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
According to police, the four cyclists were traveling north on Ocean Blvd. just starting over the bridge when a vehicle operated by Darriean Hess, 20, of Seabrook crossed over into the northbound lane and struck them.
Hess was transported to Portsmouth Regional Hospital and treated for minor injuries, police said.
The accident occurred around 8:30 a.m. at the Underwood Bridge spanning Hampton Harbor.
Hampton Fire and Rescue, North Hampton Fire and Rescue, the Seabrook Fire Department and the Rye Fire Department all assisted at the scene. The Seabrook Police Department and the New Hampshire State Police continue to investigate the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'