Hanlon gets official welcome as new Dartmouth president
About 3,000 people attended the event, which was held in conjunction with the college's traditional Convocation Ceremony.
The ceremony marked the start of the college's 244th year.
"President Hanlon is well-aware of the tradition of strong leadership that has helped Dartmouth College become one of the most well-known and respected learning institutions in the world," Hassan said. "A tremendous source of pride for the state of New Hampshire and our people, Dartmouth has long reflected what the people of New Hampshire have always known: Educating our young people is essential to the progress of our state and of our country.
Hanlon is the 10th Dartmouth graduate to serve as its president. He took office in July, succeeding Jim Yong Kim, who was selected to serve as president of the World Bank in April.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383