NHIAA Football: Bedford shuts down Londonderry
That stingy defense was on display Friday night, when Bedford blanked Londonderry 19-0.
“They have some tough, fast athletic kids, and all 11 of them fly to the football,” Londonderry coach John Rich said. “And they don’t miss many tackles. That makes for a pretty good defense.”
“The defense did a great job,” Bedford coach Kurt Hines said. “They’re a good football team with some good athletes. We were tested tonight.”
The TD run came on a fourth-and-goal play.
Londonderry, No. 9 in the Power Poll, suffered its first loss in three games.
“We were able to move the ball at times, but not consistently enough,” Rich said. “We had our chances and our shots, but we weren’t able to execute when we did have those. That hurt in the end.”
Junior running back Dennis Bishop led the Londonderry running game with 65 yards on eight carries. The Lancers were held to 25 yards passing on seven completions. Bedford had one interception.
“We’re proud of the guys, but we have a lot of work to do. It was a good win — a tough win.”
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 30
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 3
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Boychuk’s status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Two in Keene robbed at home
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list