NHIAA Football: Bedford shuts down Londonderry
That stingy defense was on display Friday night, when Bedford blanked Londonderry 19-0.
“They have some tough, fast athletic kids, and all 11 of them fly to the football,” Londonderry coach John Rich said. “And they don’t miss many tackles. That makes for a pretty good defense.”
“The defense did a great job,” Bedford coach Kurt Hines said. “They’re a good football team with some good athletes. We were tested tonight.”
The TD run came on a fourth-and-goal play.
Londonderry, No. 9 in the Power Poll, suffered its first loss in three games.
“We were able to move the ball at times, but not consistently enough,” Rich said. “We had our chances and our shots, but we weren’t able to execute when we did have those. That hurt in the end.”
Junior running back Dennis Bishop led the Londonderry running game with 65 yards on eight carries. The Lancers were held to 25 yards passing on seven completions. Bedford had one interception.
“We’re proud of the guys, but we have a lot of work to do. It was a good win — a tough win.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use