Home » News » Public Safety
Early morning fire displaces six in Nashua
NASHUA -- Six people were displaced following a two-alarm fire early Friday morning at a home on South Groton Street in downtown Nashua.
The fire at 7 South Groton St. was reported around 3:15 a.m. on Friday, according to fire officials, who said heavy smoke was visible when emergency crews arrived on the scene.
Fire eventually spread from the basement to the attic of the 2 ½ story wood structure, according to O'Brien, who said the blaze was mostly contained to the wall joists.
"We had to open up the wall and chase the hidden fire," he explained.
All six occupants escaped the fire unharmed, and no firefighters were injured battling the blaze. The fire was under control within an hour, according to O'Brien.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. O'Brien said it does not appear to be suspicious, but the city's fire marshal is investigating. The origin of the fire also is still trying to be determined, he said.
Providing station coverage during the fire were crews from Hudson, Manchester and Merrimack fire departments.
The names of the occupants were not immediately released on Friday morning, however city property records identify the homeowners as Paul and Manon Tanguay.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 7
- On being American: A point for reflection - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection