Home » News » Public Safety
Early morning fire displaces six in Nashua
NASHUA -- Six people were displaced following a two-alarm fire early Friday morning at a home on South Groton Street in downtown Nashua.
The fire at 7 South Groton St. was reported around 3:15 a.m. on Friday, according to fire officials, who said heavy smoke was visible when emergency crews arrived on the scene.
Fire eventually spread from the basement to the attic of the 2 ½ story wood structure, according to O'Brien, who said the blaze was mostly contained to the wall joists.
"We had to open up the wall and chase the hidden fire," he explained.
All six occupants escaped the fire unharmed, and no firefighters were injured battling the blaze. The fire was under control within an hour, according to O'Brien.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. O'Brien said it does not appear to be suspicious, but the city's fire marshal is investigating. The origin of the fire also is still trying to be determined, he said.
Providing station coverage during the fire were crews from Hudson, Manchester and Merrimack fire departments.
The names of the occupants were not immediately released on Friday morning, however city property records identify the homeowners as Paul and Manon Tanguay.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election