Home » News » Public Safety
Early morning fire displaces six in Nashua
NASHUA -- Six people were displaced following a two-alarm fire early Friday morning at a home on South Groton Street in downtown Nashua.
The fire at 7 South Groton St. was reported around 3:15 a.m. on Friday, according to fire officials, who said heavy smoke was visible when emergency crews arrived on the scene.
Fire eventually spread from the basement to the attic of the 2 ½ story wood structure, according to O'Brien, who said the blaze was mostly contained to the wall joists.
"We had to open up the wall and chase the hidden fire," he explained.
All six occupants escaped the fire unharmed, and no firefighters were injured battling the blaze. The fire was under control within an hour, according to O'Brien.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. O'Brien said it does not appear to be suspicious, but the city's fire marshal is investigating. The origin of the fire also is still trying to be determined, he said.
Providing station coverage during the fire were crews from Hudson, Manchester and Merrimack fire departments.
The names of the occupants were not immediately released on Friday morning, however city property records identify the homeowners as Paul and Manon Tanguay.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help