Home » News » Public Safety
Police suspend active search for missing UNH student
Jonathan Zygmont, 19, a sophomore from Windham who lives on the Durham campus, was last seen Tuesday around 8:30 p.m. near Prescott Park in Portsmouth.
Police have said they do not suspect foul play, but have reason to be concerned for Zygmont's well-being.
Dean said in the past Zygmont expressed a desire to go out west and live a more simple life. As a result, police have sent his photo and description to law enforcement agencies nationwide.
Previously, police said Zygmont was "despondent" when last seen and experiencing relationship issues, statements Zygmont's sister disputed in a public Facebook post that has been circulating locally.
Local, state and federal law enforcement have been assisting in the search for him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate