Home » News » Public Safety
Police suspend active search for missing UNH student
Jonathan Zygmont, 19, a sophomore from Windham who lives on the Durham campus, was last seen Tuesday around 8:30 p.m. near Prescott Park in Portsmouth.
Police have said they do not suspect foul play, but have reason to be concerned for Zygmont's well-being.
Dean said in the past Zygmont expressed a desire to go out west and live a more simple life. As a result, police have sent his photo and description to law enforcement agencies nationwide.
Previously, police said Zygmont was "despondent" when last seen and experiencing relationship issues, statements Zygmont's sister disputed in a public Facebook post that has been circulating locally.
Local, state and federal law enforcement have been assisting in the search for him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072