Home » News » Public Safety
Police suspend active search for missing UNH student
Jonathan Zygmont, 19, a sophomore from Windham who lives on the Durham campus, was last seen Tuesday around 8:30 p.m. near Prescott Park in Portsmouth.
Police have said they do not suspect foul play, but have reason to be concerned for Zygmont's well-being.
Dean said in the past Zygmont expressed a desire to go out west and live a more simple life. As a result, police have sent his photo and description to law enforcement agencies nationwide.
Previously, police said Zygmont was "despondent" when last seen and experiencing relationship issues, statements Zygmont's sister disputed in a public Facebook post that has been circulating locally.
Local, state and federal law enforcement have been assisting in the search for him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, 17 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
- Candia to look at alternatives to Central High School - 0
- Goffstown rejects $4.5M fire station plan - 0
- Bedford votes down fire substation; $30M for roads approved - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal